Saturday, July 18, 2009

Delay

No good way to say this -- the release isn't ready. I've done some testing and while I've found a bug, and fixed it, with the map view (and I think it's pretty solid now) the compass rotation isn't cooperating.

I had a chance to borrow a friend's 3GS for an hour or so and play around with some things friday. The compass rotates with some tweaking, but it's not accurate like I'd expect and acts differently than the built-in compass app that apple has. I'll have to do a little messing around with that. Unfortunately having my own 3GS is about a month away, unless someone wants to give me $200 to get around waiting for AT&T to let be be upgrade eligible. =) That's not going to stop the update from happening, but it's proven to be my biggest hindrance so far. Having a device to test the code on is extremely valuable.

I'm still considering the settings in the main bundle and I've even looked at some coding here. I'm still not sure I'll finish that off, most people don't seem to mind where they are once they know about them. There's already a section in the help menu about where the preferences are, I'll have to at least update the help to have that be closer to the top.

As always, I'm open to suggestions and criticism, thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My biggest gripes are the coordinates not always saving/the map seeming to drop the wrong coordinates of the cache and not being able to return to the webpage I'm on if I leave the app. Thanks for the hard work. Looking forward to the update eventually.

Unknown said...

I have noticed that in Google maps the compass doesn't exactly work right either. It could be a simple quirk in the compass apis.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
DadGuy has been working with apple computers since the mac classic. I love games and puzzles and like to solve problems. I'm having a blast developing for the iPhone and iPad.