Saturday, July 11, 2009

Screenshots!

So I did some looking into the map view this evening. To get a google map embedded within a view is stupid easy. Pins and such are apparently another story. I can't seem to get the pins to be anything but red, I'm probably missing something obvious.

Here are some screenshots of my sample mock-up program I'm using to play around with the map settings.





The target and circle buttons will center you on your current location or your target, respectively. Back will take you back to the target entry screen. Type will cycle through the 3 types of maps -- map, satellite, and hybrid. I need to make a note to allow setting the default type in the preferences.

I should note that a few nights ago I was able to finally reproduce coordinates not saving. Assuming I can pin down the problem (since it seems random), I should have that fixed with the next release as well.

1 comment:

Phil Ringsmuth said...

Wow, that's looking great! Thank goodness for Apple finally opening up the maps API. This has me looking forward more and more to using the app again later this summer!

Keep up the good work!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
DadGuy has been working with apple computers since the mac classic. I love games and puzzles and like to solve problems. I'm having a blast developing for the iPhone and iPad.