Monday, November 8, 2010

Teaser

No official timeline, or even if I plan on releasing it officially, but a few weeks ago I sat down and got serious about an iPad port because a friend was bugging me about porting Geopher Lite to the iPad. I still do not have a 3G iPad, but I was able to get some stuff working. Rotation has been a headache and does not work yet as expected, but otherwise maps, coordinate entry and target screens appear to work fairly well other than that. (The map screen doesn't show the target or current coordinates correctly either and is missing an icon for the current location in the top left, but those are minor details)





On an unrelated note, I've been able to finally see a problem I keep hearing about in reviews but have yet to reliably reproduce, which is the compass screen not working properly. I am toying with the idea of a major facelift for the app as it's not obvious to me what might cause this. Well, that and among other things the code could really use a face-lift now that I'm a better iOS programmer. I have a few ideas, but if you have a wishlist for Geopher Lite (or iPhone/iPad geocaching in general), the next few weeks would be a good time to shoot me an email.

As always thanks for using Geopher Lite!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
DadGuy has been working with apple computers since the mac classic. I love games and puzzles and like to solve problems. I'm having a blast developing for the iPhone and iPad.